Re: Question

Hello,

Robert Martin-Legène <robert@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

| > I'm from Holland and my englisch is not well.
| > My question is, how long wil be an server ban?
| > An vriend is banned, he had 2 bots and is banned.
| > Is this weeks or months or for  alltime?
| > please replay to eriknienhuis@xxxxxxxxxxx
|
| A ban does not time out by itself. If it is not manually removed by a
| channel operator, then it will stay there as long as the channel exists.
|
| And to answer your next question: The channel exists until everyone has
| left it.

i think he meant k-lines, not channel bans. :)

More or less the same applies to k-lines which deny access to a given
server. Unless they are added by some kind of automatism (like
TkServ), k-lines do not disappear automatically. They have to be
removed by the server admin.

That is why you should contact the /admin of the server in question if
you want a k-line to be removed.

Bye, Kasi

--
Kaspar Landsberg, <kl@xxxxxxxxxxx>