Re: no split modes patch

> It's quite sad therefore to see the outrage this patch has caused. Now,
> personally I disagree with the idea behind the patch. Making it harder
> to take serverop on an open server like webbernet (where the patch is
> presumably intended to run) will penalise 'normal' users, desperate to
> regain ops on their DOSed/nick-collided channel. Instead - the takeover
> people will no doubt pick one of the countless smaller (unpatched)
> servers that they alone have I-line on (and that none of the channel
> regulars do). They'll then take serverop via that.

I hope most of the kids will stop splitride at least if they see the
server doesn't give up anymore on split. I also hope it will stop most
of the DoS which is sortof high lately. If you think it will penalise
'normal' users you are wrong, they can still chat modeless. The idea is
to make local users "restricted like" for a temporary time. It's for
people who are fed up with DoS like Asu who just don't like to give
anything possible DoS _coming from their_ server. And imho an oper
server should give i:-lines only anyways.

Greets,
Engerim