Re: Joins during CD (@-free)

On Jan 03, Ville wrote:
| Once again, I'd like to bring up this:
|
| Why couldn't /joining be possible during channel-delay?

the answer, i don't remember.
but i'm confident that i'm right when i say it can't be done
right.
(because i'm pretty sure that is what was attempted in early
versions)

| This would very much make it better for users (they can chat)
| and stop bots from attempting to flood-join it to get @ right
| when ND is over.

i don't think flood joins are much of a real issue.

| If this was also combined with random_chandelay, it would make
| it considerably more ride-proof.

tried !channels? :)

| If the channel is opless, it would naturally just let the first
| person join with @

but that would never happen, since people can now join all
the time. (hence, there will always be people on the channel)

| Thoughts? I like it, at least... :-/ Could be worth a #define,
| IMO.

no, a #define would seriously break CD which relies on things
to be homogenous.