Re: Help connecting multiple ircd

On May 21, Mihai Ibanescu wrote:
| On Fri, 21 May 1999, Christophe Kalt wrote:
|
| > On Apr 06, Mihai Ibanescu wrote:
| > | 	We are trying to connect some servers (we use ircd-2.10.05.9). The
| > | topology looks like:
| >
| > I have absolutely no clue which kind of ircd you're running;
| > this forum is for versions of the daemon found on ftp.irc.org;
| > making guesses on other versions would be pure speculation.
|
| 	OK, sorry. I guess here you are right.
|
| ircu-2.10.06 on Linuxes 2.2.x and 2.0.x

ircu would be undernet's ircd, and again this list is pretty
ignorant of versions other than the one on ftp.irc.org..
this list was created to fill gaps (if any) in the fairly
extensive documentation of this package (and no other).

| 	Let me describe the problem again:
| 	I want to make a network of IRCD servers. About 4 or 5.
| 	The basic thing that I tried was a star -- one server in the
| middle. The first connection works OK (let's say between A and B, with A
| in the center). When I try to add the third server, C, the connection is
| kicked out by B, because between A and B I have a non-hub link.
| 	_Please_ point me to some documentation about this. I do not want
| to bother people on the list, I usually don't. But it's the first time I
| look on the net and don't find anything.

again, because you are asking your question in the wrong
forum, most people you are reaching are unable to answer.
don't blame the subscribers of this list, we are not
responsible for other people's lack of documentation.

now, can you please take this elsewhere?