Re: ircd on solaris

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mihai Ibanescu wrote:
>
> >         Sam,
> >
> >         Please try to see weather your ircd is waiting on the right port.
> >         Christophe, you are right, all questions should be asked on
> > ircd-users@xxxxxxxx Too bad no one answers them! It looks like the ircd
> > gurus are not reading this list.
> >         My problem is different than Sam's. I can connect two ircds, but
> > not more than two. I get a 'non-hub link' error. And _believe_me, I have
> > searched all the net for documentation on ircd (ok, I have a non-hub link.
> > How can I make it a hub one? Playing around with H lines does not help).
> >
> > <SARCASTIC>
> > ircd gurus, send the guys to ircd-users@xxxxxxx! No one will answer them
> > on that list! I am subscribed for 2 months, and I think I saw 10 messages
> > in total!
> > </sarcastic>
>
> Maybe you forgot to re-compile your hub with '#define HUB 1' in config.h? ...then
> playing with H-Lines might make a difference....

Nope. Attached is the complete config file that I use (remember,
ircu-2.10.06)

Cheers,
Misa
#
# Automatically generated by 'make config': don't edit
#
CHANGE_CONFIG=n

#
# Compile stuff
#
CC="gcc"
CFLAGS="-g -O3 -pipe"
cflags_O3_remark="done"
EXTRA_INCLUDEDIRS="none"
LDFLAGS="none"
IRCDLIBS="-lcrypt -lresolv"
BINDIR="/usr/sbin"
SYMLINK="ircd"
IRCDMODE="711"
IRCDOWN="root"
IRCDGRP="root"
MANDIR="/usr/man"
EXTRA_CPPFLAGS=""
CPPFLAGS="-I../include"
FORCEINLINE=y

#
# Operating System specific defines.
#
USE_POLL=y

#
# Host specific defines
#
DOMAINNAME="necomm.ro"
RANDOM_SEED="675424556"
RELIABLE_CLOCK=y

#
# General defines
#
CHROOTDIR=y
CONFIG_SETUGID=n
IRC_UID=
IRC_GID=
CMDLINE_CONFIG=y
UNIXPORT=n
VIRTUAL_HOST=n
HUB=y

#
# Debugging (do not define this on production servers)
#
DEBUGMODE=n
DEBUGMALLOC=n
NODNS=n

#
# Paths and files
#
DPATH="/usr/lib/ircd"
SPATH="/usr/sbin/ircd"
CPATH="/etc/ircd/ircd.conf"
MPATH="/etc/ircd/ircd.motd"
RPATH="/etc/ircd/ircd.remote.motd"
PPATH="ircd.pid"

#
# Logging (filenames are either full paths or files within DPATH)
#
CONFIG_LOG_WHOX=y
WPATH="whox.log"
CONFIG_LOG_GLINES=n
CONFIG_LOG_USERS=y
FNAME_USERLOG="users.log"
CONFIG_LOG_OPERS=y
FNAME_OPERLOG="opers.log"
USE_SYSLOG=y
SYSLOG_KILL=y
SYSLOG_SQUIT=y
SYSLOG_CONNECT=y
SYSLOG_OPER=y
SYSLOG_USERS=n
CONFIG_DAEMON=n
CONFIG_USER=n
CONFIG_LOCAL=y
INT_LOCAL=0
LOG_FACILITY="LOG_LOCAL0"

#
# Configuration
#
CRYPT_LINK_PASSWORD=y
CRYPT_OPER_PASSWORD=y
BUFFERPOOL=27000000
CLIENT_FLOOD=1024
MAXCONNECTIONS=252
PORTNUM=6667
NICKNAMEHISTORYLENGTH=800
ALLOW_SNO_CONNEXIT=n
R_LINES=n
USEONE=n
NODEFAULTMOTD=y

#
# Oper commands
#
SHOW_INVISIBLE_USERS=y
SHOW_ALL_INVISIBLE_USERS=y
OPERS_SEE_IN_SECRET_CHANNELS=y
LOCOP_SEE_IN_SECRET_CHANNELS=n
UNLIMIT_OPER_QUERY=y
OPER_KILL=y
OPER_REHASH=y
OPER_RESTART=y
OPER_DIE=y
OPER_LGLINE=y
OPER_REMOTE=y
LOCOP_REHASH=y
LOCOP_RESTART=n
LOCOP_DIE=n
LOCOP_LGLINE=y

#
# Server characteristics
#
CONFIG_LIST=y
DEFAULT_LIST="T<10"
DEFAULT_LIST_PARAM="T<10"
COMMENT_IS_FILE=n
IDLE_FROM_MSG=y

#
# Mandatory defines (you should leave these untouched)
#
MAXIMUM_LINKS=1
MSGLOG_ENABLED=n
LOCAL_KILL_ONLY=n