Re: resolving clients' IP address on linux

Christophe Kalt <kalt@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Feb 12, Takeshi Yamane wrote:
> | I have another problem on linux 2.0.36 (by Red Hat) that ircd (both
> | 2.10.1 and 2.10.2) can't resolve clients' IP addresses, e.g. /whois
> | doesn't show client's host name (only IP address).
> |
> | I guessed this is because of compile options or of resolver config.
> | I tested on sparc solaris 2.5.1 with the same ircd.conf and it works
> | fine: no problem by configuration.
>
> it could still be a configuration issue.  Depending on how
> you setup I lines, a client may be accepted but the hostname
> found in dns not used.  Check the documentation on I lines.

I had progress in this problem. even though I didn't change any
configuration lines, ircd can resolve now. in addition it takes
less time for clients to connect irc server. I guess that was
because of resolver trouble, not of configuration.

sorry for confusing ...
--
World Wide Web Consortium
Keio Research Institute at SFC, Keio University