Re: PING/PONG

On Feb 08, Michal *pht* Svoboda wrote:
| On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Christophe Kalt wrote:
|
| > Why do you need a unique ID? answer: you DON'T.
|
| For example, to be able to measure lag in an ellegant way.

When I parse this, I get "For example, to break the RFC".
Section 4.6.2 (which I really suggest that you read) of the
RFC defines PING as a "message used to test the presence of
an active client at the other end of the connection." not as
a message to measure lag.

|                                                            And after all,
| the nospoof addon requires the user to send PONG with parameters exactly
| same as the ones in server's PING.

Well, it's just one of many reasons why it's an addon in
contrib/ rather than a #define in config.h