Re: Anti-collide patch

Sigh. Read http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~chopin/uniqueID.txt

> > Apart from that, with such "feature" in the evening you would leave
> > channel with Beeth!chopin@jantar, Vesa!ruokonen@umpahpah, Fusion!fusion@tyrell,
> > syrk!syrk@millennium to see in the morning Beeth!ruokonen@umpahpah,
> > Vesa!fusion@tyrell, Fusion!syrk@millennium and syrk!chopin@jantar or
> > something like that. Multiply it by 30000. Havoc, IMHO.
> well only if you guys go and collide yourselves :)

Oh yeah?
B->A travel is 1 second
A->B travel is 6 seconds

time     A knows                B knows              direction and message seen by B
 0       Beeth@1,Vesa@2         pht@3
(here comes SJOIN with one way lag, as usually)
 1       Beeth@1,Vesa@2         pht@3                <- NICK pht@3
 2       Beeth@1,Vesa@2,pht@3   pht@3                <- :pht@3 NICK Beeth
 3       pht@1,Vesa@2,Beeth@3   Beeth@3              <- :Beeth@3 NICK Vesa
 4       pht@1,Beeth@2,Vesa@3   Vesa@3               <- :Vesa@3 NICK thp
 5       pht@1,Beeth@2,thp@3    thp@3
 6       pht@1,Beeth@2,thp@3    thp@3
 7       pht@1,Beeth@2,thp@3    thp@3                -> NICK Beeth@1
 8       pht@1,Beeth@2,thp@3    thp@3,Beeth@1        -> NICK Vesa@2
(finally sendq is eaten)
 9       pht@1,Beeth@2,thp@3    thp@3,Beeth@1,Vesa@2

Second 2 is pht<->Beeth  nickswap instead of KILL.
Second 3 is Beeth<->Vesa nickswap instead of KILL.

Not only nick changed at A, but (nick) desynch introduced between A and B.
"only if we guys collided ourselves", huh?

Now broaden your horizons. What if Vesa@3 wouldn't change his nick in second 3
to thp? What if he changed to pht again?

Keep up thinking,
Piotr