Re: Old ban matches new ban check

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Christophe Kalt wrote:

> I'm not in favor of having the server automatically change
> modes.

I think it's pretty confusing to have server change modes like that, but I
do agree the "old ban matches new ban" -check is at times annoying. The
new feature in ircd's alpha release (notice about the conflicting ban) is
imho very welcome and saves (l)users' time and nerves. The fact that ircd
gave no notice often made the user think he is either lagged or that he is
dealing with an ircd bug.

- Ville/viha@xxxxxx