Hiding the & channels...

Hi... I hate to ask this question, mainly due to the fact that probably
others before me have asked, but here goes anyway... =) :

I'm trying to set up a private server with ircd 2.9.5, and I have
basically everything I need up and running, but I'm puzzled as to how to
get the administrative channels (i.e. &KILLS, &SERVICES, etc.) to vanish
so as not to have newbies try to wander in thinking they can chat there.

Is there any way I can make these channels invisible to anyone except
IRCops (I don't mind if they still can be acessed by anyone that happens
to know the name of the channel... more than likely those'll be
experienced users)?

Any help'd be appreciated.

Terry!