connections limit

Re *, I'm new to the list.

I've compiled and installed ircd 2.9.5 for operation as a standalone
server on our machine on the internet.
I'm still having problem with one aspect of the configuration, i.e. the
limits on the number of concurrent links to the server.

These are the relevant lines from the ircd.conf file:

P::::6667:
P::::6666:

Y:2:90:300:1:600000::
Y:3:90:0:1:600000::
Y:10:120::20:20000:6:6
Y:11:120::20:20000:6:6

I:*::*:6667:10
I:*::*:6666:11

Still, I cannot get more than 7-8 users online without someone getting
stuck outside with the "Maximux connections limit" message.

I thought that the above lines could arrange for 20 simultaneous users
to access the server, with no more than 6 connections from the same
host, but it seems I'm overseeing something.

This is the last "version", still untested, of my conf:

P::::6667:
P::::6666:

Y:2:90:300:1:600000::
Y:3:90:0:1:600000::
Y:1:120::10:20000::
Y:10:120::30:20000::
Y:11:120::30:20000::

I:123.123.123.123::::1
I:*:::6667:10
I:*:::6666:11

O:host.name:cleartextpassword:Admin::1

Could someone give me advice on this configuration issue?  Thanks a lot.

				Ciao
					Guido