Re: ircd 2.9.5: running Solaris 2.6, exiting at fclose(stdout)

Christophe Kalt wrote:
> On Apr 19, James Waldrop wrote:
> | I'm trying to get ircd 2.9.5 running on a machine with a fresh install
> | of Solaris 2.6. The server keeps exiting silently (no core dump, just
> | exiting). I tracked down the problem to sys_init() in ircd/s_bsd.c,
> | specifically the (void)fclose(stdout); call.
> |
> | Does anyone know why this is happening? fclose() isn't returning at all,
> | contrary to the documentation.
>
> I have never heard os anything similar;
> what is MAXCONNECTIONS set to?

My kernel is configured for 1024 fd's, and I noticed that the header
file is subtracting from MAXCONNECTIONS to get other relevant values, so
I went ahead and set it to 1024. I'll try setting it a little lower...

> zlib.h is included, and -lz used; as long as configure found
> the necessary files.  See doc/INSTALL or ./configure --help

My bad, I installed zlib after running configure.

> | I also wanted to run DEBUG_MODE, but there were lots of problems with
> | the compile when I try to define this flag.
>
> there might be.. sigh

Do you want the list? At the moment the main problem seems to be the
#define Debug(x) debug x
macro.

--
James Waldrop                           sulam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx