Re: New type of abuse

> On Apr 10, progfou@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> | But !!! When the merge came, I did join the channel and have no problem to
> | enter in it. I saw the +stink chan mode come from one server *once* I was in !

> On Apr 10, Christophe Kalt <kalt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> when you entered, were there people on the channel?

As much as I can remember without log ... :(((

When I entered, there were only one people, not channel operator (a merge
join I suppose) and the channel didn't have any mode set.

Then lot's of join and channel mode arrived.

More detail I can remember : I were connected twice (from different
servers/accounts), and I did the join request in each window. My ircII told
me I did join in each one. But I was only able to do a /who #fregate in the
second one after the merge has terminated. The /who which worked showed me
both connections !

This curious problem did help me to find the key that was put on the other
side since I was able to see the channel mode. From this I helped channels
operators to desynch their channel telling him users on other side, and to
-i / +i and -k / +k with the right key.

I think it's all I can remember. Since this day, I always log all my
connections to be able to track this down next time.

Regards, Jean Christophe ANDRE.

PS: sorry if my english look a bit bad ... I do my best ;)