Re: help, ircd 2.9.5 doesn't start

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Troy Bowman wrote:

[...]
> Is there any error log file that I can look at to diagnose this?
> Have any of you had this problem?
> What do you think is happening?

I assume you have created an ircd.conf file (if not - read doc/INSTALL
and doc/example.conf).

My guess is that you have set the path of the config-file wrong. Look in
the Makefile in the OS specific library. It is set to {exec-prefix}/lib
or something by default if I dont remember it wrong.

Another way to go around this problem while testing could be to define
CMDLINE_CONFIG in the config.h file and then start the ircd with:

  ./ircd -d `pwd` -f ./ircd.conf

I'm writing this from memory, so I might have forgotten something.

  /Magnus Tjernström