Re: Announcing irc2.9.5

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 18, 1998 at 05:13:23PM -0500, Christophe Kalt wrote:
> One of these will be to suppress the usage of the 2.9 JOIN
> format (:nickname JOIN #channel^Gov).  Future versions will
> not generate such joins anymore.  In order to make the

!@$%!&#§#@$

I let mirc_kludge defined as suggested and i'm now *very* annoyed on all
those single MODE +o crap. What a waste of bandwidth! Not even +ooo. *sigh*

I think i'll restart ircd without this "$&%@!% kludge. How is it planned to
be done in future releases? Did i miss something?

> transition smooth, it is imperative that all servers on the
> IRC network be upgraded to 2.9.5 when the JOIN syntax is
> abandonned.  Not doing so will result in a considerable
> increase of the amount of bandwidth used during netjoins.

Hmm. What about this V3/m_njoin stuff? It doesn't work like i expected and i
was not surprised anymore after i saw two #ifdef USE_NJOIN statements in
s_serv.c. This is nowhere defined! After manually adding the #define to
config.h my testservers happily started to use the NJOIN command.

What is the indented behaviour? :)

CU,
	Eumel

|    Michael 'Eumel' Neumayer     <Michael.Neumayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    |