Just a suggestion for a service

Hoi,

just a suggestion, because I myself have no time to implement it :)

Has anyone sometimes thought about a service a la seen?

I think about a thingy like:

/squery seen big*!*plah@*.net
-Seen@xxxxxxxxxxx Seen 2 Users: BigNose!plah@xxxxxxxxx (5 years ago),
BigHead!kaplah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2 mins ago)

of course such service should respect +i flags in the case they are meant (if
nick is completely given, ignore +i else respect it - for example).
Maybe it should have timeouts too so that answers like that for BigNose cannot
happen and I suggest it should have restrictions in using wildcards like the
old ircd note.c implementation.

Maybe someone has any more nice ideas and a bit good will and a little bit time
to implement such thing? :)

regards,
--
Mario "BitKoenig" Holbe <Mario.Holbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://WWW.RZ.TU-Ilmenau.DE/~holbe/

User sind wie ideale Gase - sie verteilen sich gleichmaessig ueber alle Platten