Re: connecting from a virtual interface

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Hanno Foest wrote:

> OK, it works fine with Linux, but with Sparc Solaris 2.51, I still can
> connect to the other interface. How comes?
>
> BTW, why is it necessary to have two different lines in the config file
> to specify the same thing?

They don't specify the same thing.  1 specifies server name...the
other specifies IP which to bind().  You might want a server
with the name of joe.blow.com but the ip to bind to be 127.0.0.1.

I'm not sure about the vif support in irc2.9.x, but I know it works
in efnet code on Solaris...so it shouldn't be a Solaris issue.

- Chris

--
Chris Behrens
Systems Engineer