Re: W_Knight strikes again

At 08:32 PM 3/27/98 +0100, you wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 27, 1997 at 12:30:39PM -0500, Donald Quixote VI wrote:
>> Have you received any feedback as to other possible solutions to this
>> loophole?
>
>+i +s and NO auto-ops should work fine.
>
>Piotr/Beeth@xxxxxx

While reducing or elimiating auto-ops might help, Op cheating works without
auto-ops, and even without flooding.

W_Knight has been known to nuke 1 op, repeatedly who is in the process of
requesting ops, and then, as soon as the target op quits, W_K steals the
ops nick and can intercept a single +o sent to the rightful op.  No
auto-ops, just an op requesting ops.

You can't run a large public channel +i.  That kills a channel.
Temporarily, yes, but not for long periods.

Thanks for your response.

TomCollns
LoBo^LoCo

this is the short but not sweet version of W_Knight's latest takeover of
our channel, a channel run by and for adults and operated by our group for
most of the last 5 years.

Children Are excluded which might affront kids like W_Knight and the other
teenyboppers that play wargames.

W_Knight was "medea"

Note the attempt to cheat ops by stealing the abandoned nick of an op who
was changing back to his regular nick, which op may have been in the
process of still receiving lagged +o modes.

W_Knight attempted to intercept any that might have been lagged being sent
to the nick Bond^6586.

After that failed, as the TDR flood continued, W_K stole other nicks of ops
that were flooded off, finally intercepting a +o mode sent to the rightful
but then quit op.

*** Joins: medea (~medea@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
*** Bond^6586 changed nick to Bond^007
*** medea changed nick to Bond^6586
*** Quits: [[roo6138 (Excess Flood)
*** Bond^6586 changed nick to [[roo6138
*** Quits: }Ba|u455 (Excess Flood)
*** [[roo6138 changed nick to }Ba|u455
*** CuMiNfAcE sets mode: +oo }Ba|u455 |NuEv0
*** }Ba|u455 sets mode: -ooo BaBYL0N camerun
ciborg
*** [[roo8828 sets mode: +b *!*@*bedrijfswijzer.net
*** }Ba|u455 sets mode: -ooo CuMiNfAcE
CuminHair Dribble
*** }Ba|u455 sets mode: -ooo mL[efyJoy Willl-1_
[[roo8828
*** }Ba|u455 sets mode: -ooo `P00HBARE {LadyG
{smurfet^
*** }Ba|u455 sets mode: -o }Miche||e
<JAMES-UK> Oi lady G?
*** }Ba|u455 sets mode: +o ChatBot
<{LadyG> shit Willl
<Willl-1_> 'shit
*** }Ba|u455 changed nick to W_K[ROX]
<W_K[ROX]> :)
*** ChatBot sets mode: +o ScoobyDoo
*** ChatBot sets mode: +o LipGloss
*** ChatBot sets mode: +o LoveSexy
*** ChatBot sets mode: +o Aqua
*** W_K[ROX] changes topic to "LadieDadie,
W_Knight LoveS 2 PartY!!!!!!!!!!!"