Re: IRCD - New output of /oper?

> *** Core (d92-mtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) is now operator (o)
> Didn't earlier version correspond to the letter in the O-line (That
> is: "(o)" for "o:" and "(O)" for "O:")?

Yes, the server 2.9.2 is little different from earlier in that sense.
In some 2.9.1 patches the logic was like you describe above. But it
was found to have a flaw. Some people reported negative oper count
in /lusers after splits.
Between servers oper status is passed as mode 'o'. Yes, that's a
lower case o. So it's protocol-wise better to keep the little 'o'
for global opers in every occurrence, and use the big O locally
in the server for local opers.
It's still open case whether we should change the o/O in ircd.conf
too in order to reach compability in server local configurations
too.

> Why not just remove the "(o)" as well if this 'feature' has been
> removed. Currently (if I haven't done anything wrong - if I have
> you are welcome to point fingers and laugh at me) it doesn't add
> any information, and should be removed.

Test it with local oper, you'll find out they see "(O)". Thus it
still adds some information.
--
<A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~ruokonen/";> Vesa.Ruokonen@xxxxxx </A>