Re: SSL patch for 2.11 ircd

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 12:58:55AM +0100, Grega wrote:
> Hello people!
>
> I'd like to announce the first public release of the SSL patch
> for the 2.11.1p1 IRCnet ircd. Please test it and report errors.

 From the documentation, it says:
Another way to force SSL are O and N P:line flags.
N - means SSL not allowed
O - means only SSL allowed

So this mean you need an other port to be able to use SSL?

Why don't you use something as STARTTLS to initiate an ssl
connection?  I really have no idea what other clients/servers do.

I haven't looked at the code yet, so I have no idea.  But I have
a few questions.

It doesn't mention anything about servers or C/N lines.  Can you
let server authenticate using a certificate instead of a
password?

Can I connect on a normal connection and still authenticate to
become oper?  Like use a STARTTLS after I'm already connected.
And maybe even stop the ssl some point later, and then no
longer be an oper?

Kurt