Re: How do ircd differentiate between connection classes ??

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 11:49:38PM -0700, Adharsh Praveen R wrote:
> If there are 3 lines in the ircd.conf for connection class
> Y:1:90:0:20:100000
> Y:2:90:300:1:600000
> Y:10:90:0:3:100000
> could you please tell me how does ircd differentiate them as client class
> and server class?

It does not at all.

> or does ircd reads only the first appearance of Y and
> ignores the other Y's.

No, it reads all.

> As it is mentioned in the document as a server class and client class in
> http://www.irc.org/tech_docs/ircnet/INSTALL-4.html#ss4.4
>     Y:23:120:300:5:100000:0:0: (server class)
>     Y:1:60:0:50:20000:2:5: (client class)

If you apply some Y: to I:line, Y: values are interpreted as client class.
If you apply the same Y: to C/N:line, they get interpreted as server class.

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal