RE: Re: Not being given ops when joining an em

The problem it would seem came down to the server name, which can't include spaces (as grega pointed out). Having spaces in the name still allows the conf file to be passed by chkconf and for the server to work, but gives the results we have discussed.

Thanks again for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Marshall
Sent: 09 March 2004 11:16
To: ircd-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Re: Not being given ops when joining an em

Thanks for the help guys. In the end, it seemed to be something to do with the ircd.conf file. If I used SP6 with the original ircd.conf file from the RPM, then SP6 fails to give op status when you join a chan even though its listed in the status window. If I removed the ircd.conf and use the example.conf instead, it works fine on both the SP6 and the RPM version.

Thanks though

Olly