Re: Not being given ops when joining an emRe: Not being given ops when joining an empty chan

> he probably has SPLIT_HANDLE defined and wants to run single server. That
> causes not to give ops on newly created channels, if there's less than
> SPLIT_SERV servers and SPLIT_USERS userd connected to the network

Yes, that was one of my guesses too.

In the next mails privately exchanged with him I've however
figured out he is really using plain 2.10.3 version (note: no hemp)
installed from a package (according to the strange default
MOTD). I advised him to use 2.10.3p6 from
ftp.irc.org and compile it on his own.

>From his mail:
> :Test Server 353 mynick = #test :@mynick
> :Test Server 366 mynick #test :End of NAMES list.

Weird - the server name appears to be "Test Server".
Is that possible at all? Why? :) I will have to RTFS or test that once.
But unfortunately due to hardware problems (my hdd died :/)
I am unable to do so atm.

Greetings,
fiction