Re: connection rate in ircd? ( 2.10.3p3 )

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:02:30AM +0100, Timothee Besset wrote:
> I've been doing a few basic stress testing operations on ircd on a Linux
> system, and I'm finding that the rate at which TCP connections to the ircd
> port are accepted is limited, and fairly low. My tests show around 5
> connections/second. If I try to connect at once around 250 clients, all
> TCP connections get opened, but about 60 of them get closed by ircd a few
> seconds after that (the others get in fine).

s_bsd.c:read_listener()
	max = 10;
#if defined(SLOW_ACCEPT)
        max = 1;
#endif
	while (max--)
        {
		accept()
	}

If you raise that 10, it should accept clients faster.

Also note that if you require ident or something to connect that
your identd might decide to stop because it thinks it's under an
attack.

Kurt