Re: [OPERS] 2.11 roadmap, again

On 03.11 19:32, Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:
> Due to problems with reliable split detection in mixed network,
> it seems it would be best to release 2.11.0 with UID/SAVE,
> hemp-alike split protection, but without +R accessible from clients,
> which would have to wait until 2.11.1.
>
> The question is now, what do you think must get into 2.11.0?
> Current feature/bugfix roadmap is at
> http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~chopin/ircd/ROADMAP

iauth's mod_webproxy should be either able to check for proxies on more
ports in parallel, or able to decrease timeout for check on one port.
(preferrably, both).

TCP timeout is 30 sec on most OSes, which needs either to pass 120 secs
timeout on mod_webproxy (i check ports 80, 3128, 6588, 8080) whick is
inacceptable, either setting up "notimeout" (which is bad for many ppl
behind firewalls), or risking problems...

I can very easily imageine fscking "firewalls" set up by dumbasses,
dropping packets (and thus timeouting) on ports 80, 3128 and 6588, while
having runnins open HTTP proxy on port 8080.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I don't wish to receive e-mail advertising to this address.