Re: install problems

>                              ven jan 1 1988 at

Your date is damn wrong. Consider using NTP.
ircd doesn't have any Y2K bugs. Don't worry. ;)

>  but nothing with   ircd -b   --->   (This option
>  will     make the server start anyways, with
> the default values (ignoring the corrupted file))

-b is BOOT_BADTUNE
Manual says:

"If the ircd.tune file is corrupted, by default the server
will not start.  This option will make the server start
anyways, with the default values (ignoring the corrupted
file)."

It does NOT make ircd start without the configuration file, but
without the tune file - which is a completely different thing.
You need to have a working ircd.conf. Read example.conf like
somebody already suggested you. If the server doesn't want to start
it usually has something to do with a broken ircd.conf.

>     ircd stream tcp wait irc /etc/ircd ircd -i
>        ----> Usage: ircd [-a] [-b] .........
>                 Server not started

This is an example how to use ircd with inetd.
That stuff must be in inetd.conf (and then kill -HUP inetd).
(You should better run ircd standalone as a daemon however.)

>        2 for the config.h,please!! give me
>          the "define     *PATH"(like QPATH)
>          and their values  "/*/*/" .

 * CPATH, MPATH, LPATH, PPATH, TPATH, QPATH, OPATH,
 * FNAME_USERLOG, FNAME_OPERLOG, FNAME_CONNLOG, FNAME_AUTHLOG
 * must have RPATH as root directory! Set them in Makefile

But you probably just need ./configure --prefix=dir.

c'ya,
fiction