Re: Welcome to ircd-users

> Why is the mailing list subscription procedure not listed on irc.org
> website? Is that an omission, or is it on purpose to filter out the
> subcriber population? ;-)

Hehe.
Good question. Well the procedure is explained in doc/INSTALL.txt
or http://www.stealth.net/~kalt/irc/INSTALL-5.html if someone prefers
that (if he didn't install ircd for example).

In the new RFCs (2810-13) there is also just written that the
mailinglists (ircd-dev and ircd-users) are avaliable and not a word
how to subscribe.

But I guess the mailing list addresses in the RFCs are mentioned just
so that people can address questions somewhere.
Maybe the same applies also for the irc.org webpage.
Or just somebody forgot to mention it, since it's not
really a big deal.

More fun is that ircd-dev also "gets" ircd-users.
I remember when i subscribed for the first time and then wondered
about emails "appearing twice".
This fact could also be noted somewhere maybe.

c'ya,
fiction