ircd + ipv6 + solaris 8 = :/

Hi, I'm trying to get ircd (2.10.3p3) running with ipv6 enabled on
Solaris 8. So far I've correctly managed to configre the config.h file
and Makefile so that it runs with no problems *without* ipv6 enabled.

However, when I recompile using the --enable-ip6 switch it refuses to
run.
I type 'ircd' and the program just returns me to the prompt with no
error. ps -ef | grep ircd returns nothing as does looking through
prstat.
ps -ef on without filtering for ircd brings up nothing promising. I've
tried to 'truss -f' the program but its not very clear as to why the
program is exiting prematurly, it seems to be finding all files
(ircd.conf/iauth) etc.

Defining DEBUGMODE hasn't provided any clues as to what is happening -
I Supect it only really comes into operation when the server is running?

I'm pretty sure its becuase something is wrong with enabling ipv6 as
like
I said I've managed to get the server running with a vanilla compile -
this includes being able to connect to it with a client from another
machine. The machine I'm running it off is *definatly* configured with
IPv6 capability as apache will accept IPv6 connections to it with no
problem. 'netstat' also shows that its got IPv6 set up. One thing that I
am not sure of, is that if the ircd.conf file has to be configured with
IPv6 address formats or if IPv4 addresses will suffice for it to work at
all (I could find no documentation specifying this). Presently I've just
been using the example.conf file to determine if the deamon will run at
all before setting it up for clients to connect. Does enabling IPv6
allow
the server to accept both IPv4 and v6 connections?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

--
Don (abdm100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)