Re: no logging occurring

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:45:15AM +1100, Gordon Chalmers wrote:
> Hello ircd-users,
> I have installed (and reinstalled) ircd 2.10.3p1 on openbsd 2.9.
> Although the server runs correctly there is no logging information.
> I have the files auth and iauth.log in /var/log/ircd but they are both empty.
> I am also expecting more log files than this.
> I have tried a package install and recompiling using different settings in
> config.h
> all to no avail.

Please note that the latest version is 2.10.3p3.

iauth.log is a debug file and really shouldn't be created at all.
This was fixed in later versions.

auth doesn't log much normally.

You need to create the other log files before ircd will write
anything to it.  A simple touch will do.  The 3 other log files
are users, rejects and opers.

Kurt