Re: getpeername error

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 03:04:05PM +0200, Hanno Foest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running ircd 2.10.3p1 on a small special interest network.
> Today my ISP has routing problems which affect only single
> IPs (defective router or something), but anyway I keep getting:
>
> getpeername for auth request netmonger.yiff.net:No route to host
>
> on &ERRORS and I can't link to that server. Well, I know that there
> are routing problems, but they shouldn't affect the IP ircd uses -
> at least traceroute says everything is fine, and the resolver seems
> to work, too.
>
> What exactly does this error indicate?

This is after a call to getpeername() to know what the remote
hosts is.  This happens either after a client connects to you, or
when you connect to an other server.

I assume in your case it's the latest?  The problem is that we do
a non-blocking connect(), so the connect() itself doesn't always
fail, but an other call like getpeername() might, and then
reports the error.

Kurt