Re: nick name length

You need to recompile the ircd to accomplish this.  The define you're looking for is located in irc2.10.3p2/common/struct_def.h .  Change the NICKLEN define to what you want the maximum allowed nickname to be.

Jonathan Chapman
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 12:38 PM
Subject: nick name length

I'm reading everything I can find, but can not find anything yet on where to control the length of nicknames.

I am using the win32 client, under windows 2000.

Version is: 2.9.x

I would like to have it default to 20, rather than 9...

Is there a way to do this without having to recompile (I don't have a compiler) ?

Thanks in advance!  back to reading and looking some more.

DJ