Re: userID starting with numeric char

> is it possible if i change something in ircd source code ? it should be
possible ?
> why its not possible to have nickname starting with a numeric char ? can
some > one  guide me in a bit brief way ?

This limitation is afaik there because of long ago
channels where just a number.
(BTW: also because of that we have join 0 - to part all channels)
So ircd had to distinguish if a message was ment for a user or a channel
this (digit / char) way. (There was no prefix char - like #, & or such)

You can change the behavior in s_user.c
in do_nick_name()
remove
if (isdigit(*nick) && !server) /* first character in [0..9] */
return 0;
and recompile.

But be aware that it may cause trouble!

Especially with the new 2.11 ircd - since this nick limitation is going to
be used to have a unique id (a nick nobody can choose) to avoid killing a
user after a nickname collision. The server will then automaticaly change
your nick to such an UID instead
of disconnecting you.

c'ya,
fiction