Re: SERVICES

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Dejan Lekic wrote:

> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give me some information about SERVICES, i tried
> to make my own but failed. I have printed entire documentation that goes
> with ircd, but it seems that's not enough... :( maybe i am stupid i
> don't know... but please HELP ME! :)

Coding services isn't well documented.  I believe it's assumed that
you need to be knowledgable about irc daemon code to be able to
understand it.

> I need SERVICE that will make STATISTICS of entire IRC network... if
> someone have it, please send me by e-mail. I also want to install MEMO
> service (to enable users to post messages to someone...)

I have a (not very well tested) port of a Hybrid/comstud StatServ that
links in as a pseudoserver, and provides statistics for a network on a
web page and via msg.  An older version did work properly against
2.10.x servers.

ftp://ircd.botbay.net/pub/Stats

A NoteServ exists (and runs on IRCnet) and is available at the
following URL's:

ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/net/irc/noteserv/
http://irc.fu-berlin.de/noteserv/

Finally a full fledged set of services (Nick/Chan/Memo/Oper) is
provided at the following URL:

http://ender.shadowfire.org/ircservices/
(now) http://www.ircservices.za.net/

and it requires this patch:

http://ender.shadowfire.org/ircservices/listarchive/msg00505.html
(now) http://www.ircservices.za.net/listarchive/msg00505.html

Note it's based on an old version, and I am not sure if the newer ones
have incorporated this code or not.

A good document on writing services would also be a great help.

IRCnet also has a StatServ service (not a pseudoserver) but as far as
I know, the code is not available (is the ALIS code private as well?)