Re: logfiles rewritten a bit

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:09:01AM +0100, Helmut Springer wrote:
> on the one hand it's not a good idea to change a long established
> behaviour.
> on the other hand "no logging if there's no logfile" is some kind of
> convention (syslog comes to mind) and allows control on the fly.  if

indeed. #define in config.h which defaults to 'no log if no file'.

(just to keep the ratio :))

regards,
--
Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe <Mario.Holbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Why are we hiding from the police, daddy?"      | J. E. Guenther
"Because we use SuSE son, they use SYSVR4."      | de.alt.sysadmin.recovery