Register latency

Hi,

I am running ircd2.10.3 successfully as a standalone service, but
connecting with some dialup accounts thorugh World Online there is
somewhere between 30 seconds and 1 1/2 minutes delay between the time of
connect and receiving the first IRC message.

I think the server was trying do some kind of reverse lookup/ident so I
disabled iauth with a command line switch (-s) and disable iauth by
commenting out the 'required' line of iauth.conf.

Connecting from localhost has always been instant, but I am still
getting the long delays from a certain link, is there anything else that
I can do?  Is there anything I can look for to determine what is
happening so I can talk with the network provider?

Thanks,
Sean