Adding END string after processing every request

Hi. I hope this is the right forum for posting my question. If not please
accept my apologies and direct me to the correct mailing list.

My setup is an ircd server (port 4444) and a bot (running at port 6667)
which services request from clients. I want the bot to queue the request
and then execute them one by one. Problem is knowing when the server has
finished executing a request.

Since the bot will be the only client as far as the server is concerned
(with the clients from the real world connecting to the bot which runs at
port 6667), my solution was to make the server print out an ** EOF **
string after it finishes processing a request.

Problem is that couldn't find any docs for the ircd code and the code is
quite involved. I need to get this done pretty quickly, so I would
appreciate any help. Is there any one function that can be changed to
accommodate this or will the change have to be made in every one of
m_join, m_kill, etc.?

Thanks a ton,

--
Prakash