Re: compile error ircd 2.10.3-1

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 11:23:48PM -0800, Robert@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear IRCD-USERS,
>
> I have successfully installed ircd 2.10.3-1 from the RPM provided at the
> Red Hat website. However, I need to use channel services with this server
> and when I try to compile from source on the same system I get this in
> stderr:

I assume that's 2.10.3, and not 2.10.3p1.  If you upgrade to the
newest version, which is available on ftp.irc.org/irc/server, it
should be fixed.

If you don't, either edit common/os.h, and put #define
_GNU_SOURCE on top, or setup.h, and change the #define USE_POLL
1, into #undef USE_POLL.

> *any* assistance is greatly appreciated. This server is used to provide
> free chatroom classes for Peace Theological Semiary and College of
> Philosophy (http://www.pts.org/chat/login.html) and, since it is already
> in production I would just like to slip in services to /ban unautorized
> users for an added level of security. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have no idea why you need a service for that.  If you don't
want unautorized people to connect, you should look at the
I-lines (and K-lines), and only allow those people to connect.

For channels, you can ban people (mode +b), and you can use
exceptions to bans (mode +e).  Or, make the channel invite only,
and use mode +I to allow people in.

Both of them only work good if you know who will be connecting,
the hostname/ip.  Else it's very hard to tell who not to allow.

I hope this helps.

Kurt

PS. The email address has changed to @irc.org.