Re: who-stacking

>The problem with this is, it can happens a serveradmin change
>#define MAXCHANNELSPERUSER  10 for example to 20
>and a user joined more than 10 channels, in this case the user can't
>read the wholist for all own channels with only one command.
>Therefore I suggest this patch see the attachment.

That is not a problem, but expected behavior AFAIK.

--
What is ``penalty''?

This feature appeared in 2.9.1 in replacement of some old less flexible
equivalent mechanism. Each command of the server has a penalty
which will be applied to the client running this command.
The penalty is defined in seconds. If a user's penalty exceeds 10 seconds,
any incoming data is delayed, and only processed when the penalty goes
under 10 seconds again.

Many people would like a list of penalties, unfortunately, it is quite
difficult
to make one. The only way to know is to RTFS.
Most of the time, commands which affect the net have a high penalty.
(For example, doing a remote WHOIS is more penalized than doing
a WHOIS locally).
--

It is just a coincidence that both MAXCHANNELSPERUSER and MAXPENALTY
are 10 by default.

Afterall - why would you like the user to able to do all the stuff stacked
in
one command?
Think about the server and protecting it against client flood.
BTW: If an admin is able to change MAXCHANNELSPERUSER he can
probably also change MAXPENALTY :-)

Regards,
Grega Pogacnik a.k.a. fiction