Re: flush ircd's dns cache ?

-> > > some DNSes were changed on machine where ircd runs. Anyway ircd has still
-> > > old info's; is there any way to flus dns cache except restarting ircd ?
-> > >
-> > > btw, as I'm looking on TTL and SOA it seems those infos should already be
-> > > expired... is that a bug ?
-> >
-> > Hm yes I think it doesn't know when something in resolv.conf changes,
-> > noticed that too..
->
-> resolv.conf is only read the first time a process does a lookup, never
-> again (at least when using the standard resolver library).
->
-> ircd caches by itself though, but the only thing I've seen changed is that
-> respect is that the minimum TTL is 600 seconds..

hmmm my ircd still doesn't reverse lookups for its machine, which changed a
few days ago, and is correct.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/