Re: About IRCD

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Mauricio Terrats wrote:

> I'm running now the ircd 2.9.5 for win95 and its ok for the moment but
> I need more support and commands, it doesnt work exactly as undernet but
> is very neat I liked a lot and we want to setup an IRC server but first
> we need to know everything about it. Please send me more information
> about this software.

Heya, Mauricio.

The ircd-list is not actually meant for anything but the UNIX-ports
of the IRCNet ircd software. As to the best of my  knowledge,  only
unofficial versions run on Windows.

I, however, came up with a few sites that you probably should check
out to get a better thought on what's what:

	http://www.funet.fi/~irc/

	The web's just about oldest IRCNet site. Though, rather
	rarely updated nowadays.

	http://www.ircnet.org/

	A few links and something of interest. Though,  last
	time I looked it was still "in the middle of it".

	http://www.irchelp.org/

	Basic hints and a few documents about  administering
	an IRC-server.

	http://www.the-project.org

	Some other ircd-related information. Ran by EFnet
	people and also has some documents about IRC3.

	http://www.stealth.net/~kalt/irc/

	The page for IRCNet's official ircd (2.10.x).

IRCNet used to run servers of the 2.9. series, but most  of
them have already been updated to run 2.10.

You should also check out the doc/ (or docs/) dir that came
with your ircd [unless it's been taken  away from  the W'95
version]. It has some compulsory documents.

Oh, before you ask -  IRCNet doesn't  link  Windows servers
and is not likely to  link any  other  new servers  at  the
moment, either, as just about all of its servers  are  only
using up say 1/3 or 1/2 per max of their capacity.

Just the cruel facts. :)

> xux@xxxxxxxxx

Regards,

- Ville/viha@xxxxxx