Re: ircd on solaris

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Christophe Kalt wrote:

> ircd-users(@irc.org) is really the list where these questions
> should be sent.
>
> check errors on both servers. (use the local channels, such
> as &ERRORS, &NOTICES, &LOCAL..)
>
> On May 20, Sam Wilkes wrote:
> | hi, i'm having a problem connecting 2 ircd daemons. each runs on a solaris
> | box (they're right next to each other on the network). whenver i try to
> | /connect them, i get the following (ehn going from one of the 2 boxes,
> | nocmail2-int):
> |
> | -nocmail2-int- *** Notice -- Connection to nocmail1-int[*@192.168.6.91]
> | activated.
> | -nocmail2-int- *** Notice -- Lost connection to
> | nocmail1-int[*@192.168.6.91]:Connection reset by peer
> | -nocmail2-int- *** Notice -- nocmail1-int had been connected for 0 days,
> | 0:00:00
> |
> | i can ping/ftp to and from each, so connectivity isn't a problem. anybody
> | have any ideas?

	Sam,

	Please try to see weather your ircd is waiting on the right port.
	Christophe, you are right, all questions should be asked on
ircd-users@xxxxxxxx Too bad no one answers them! It looks like the ircd
gurus are not reading this list.
	My problem is different than Sam's. I can connect two ircds, but
not more than two. I get a 'non-hub link' error. And _believe_me, I have
searched all the net for documentation on ircd (ok, I have a non-hub link.
How can I make it a hub one? Playing around with H lines does not help).

<SARCASTIC>
ircd gurus, send the guys to ircd-users@xxxxxxx! No one will answer them
on that list! I am subscribed for 2 months, and I think I saw 10 messages
in total!
</sarcastic>

Misa