Re: LIST, service or fix of code

Hi Null,

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, [ISO-8859-1] Robert Martin-Legène wrote:

> > > probably..
> >
> > give me a free hex mask and I give you a patch :-)
>
> But the service won't know how many is on each channel will it? So what if
> a user wants not to list channels with less than three bot^H^H^Hpeople?

Well, you get something like this if you want channel creation and modes:
CHANNEL #ircd 1
(user leaves channel...)
CHANNEL #ircd 0
(user sets the well known +tn mode)
MODE #ircd +tn
(user joines channel...)
CHANNEL #ircd 1
(another user joines channel)
CHANNEL #ircd 2

So you get the number, maybe topic should be placed there as param4?
I mean like /LIST already does it?

CHANNEL #ircd 3 blabla, I'm a topic

service call would be something like /squery myservice list * 10
(lists all channels with a maximum of 10 users)

I think such a service should return a maximum channel number of 60
(sounds much but is actually nothing if you check that we have
more than 20k channels out there). And also point to a service
where the user can list more channels with his query.

Greets,
Engerim