LIST, service or fix of code

After deciding to make a little service for this,
I'd come to the end that doing a service for this
won't be that nice or needs some real limits.
So here is my list pro/contra doing this via a service/LIST fix

Contra service:
* Service sends only notice (doesnt give errors back if
user isnt there anymore) - this means you will flood or at least
use cputime of server if someone tries to get the full list.
* You could do a easily DoS by doing
/nick blah
"/squery listservice list all"
/nick blah2 (a second after this)
"/squery listservice list all"
/nick blah (a second after this)
And the service gets paranoia. :(

* A service seems not to be able to list channels
(well, I wont like to use the 0x? that he gets all
channel creation decreation, even if this would be
the easiest way.

* Users in mIRC cant doubleclick on the text the service send
back (hm, this is a lame contra, I probably remove
it before clicking on send).

On the other hand this wont work if:
pro:
* The service has a match max, like
"/squery listservice list linux*"
-listservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To many matches, use web interface from ludd
* The service could have a delay of 500 ms (flood ctrl) before sending notices.
* The service can PRIVMSG nick!user@host instead of just the nick
* The service could run on a descent server who doesnt count on traffic :P

Doing it via code:

Contra:
* hm, more work "maybe"
* Bigger cpu load on server
* breaks RFC
* Service can better interact with clients
* needs to be _very_ selective what it should do before anyone codes it

pro:
* Easier to doubleclick in mIRC :)
* easier to use

So I would like to vote this out or something :-)

Gimme contras,
Engerim