Re: hang on /connect

it's hard for me to make sense out of your emails,

On Jan 31, Michael Neumayer wrote:
| On Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 02:48:40AM +0100, Michael Neumayer wrote:
| > uni-stuttgart.de is the servername but no DNS. iauth shouldn't try to resolve
| > this...

iauth never performs any kind of DNS operation.

| I really should go to bed. I doubt this was the thing which leads to the
| timeout. Anyway... one of the other things iauth does lead to the timeout, so
| it shouldn't do this. :)

iauth on the receiving end of the connect?

this could make sense.. we've heard complains about received
connections being slower so there's likely to be an issue
there, but i'm not sure what the problem is.
My guess is that DNS lookups are finished but iauth never
informed of this, and iauth will not tell ircd "i'm done"
until DNS info (or timeout) is received from ircd.