Re: ND/CD, collisions, ^Go whining

On Jan 17, Ville wrote:
| I noticed the conversation about the collision->random nickname patch
| pretty much dying without enough effect.

what was described has problems and doesn't accomplish as much
as we really want.  unique IDs are the next big evolutionary
step for ircd, this is what all development efforts will soon
be directed at.

A side effect to unique IDs will be the fact that nick
collisions no longer have the destructive effect they now
have, because IDs will be relied on for server-server
communication and will not be subject to collisions.