y2k bug

Hi.  I'm looking to load the latest ircd in order to fix the y2k problem
of our current version.  I've loaded irc2.10.1 from one of the ftp
sites, and compiled it.  When I run it as

ircd -t -x3

it tells me, amongst other things,

Connection check at   : Mon Jan  4 14:01:39 1999
Next connection check : Thu Jan  1 13:00:00 1970

Clearly a problem there.  I've been hunting about on the net for ages,
and 2.10.1 is never mentioned that I can see.  Is there a later version,
or perhaps an earlier one without this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Don