alternate file layout for ircd.

one of the irritating things with ircd is that I have always had to
modify config.h and friends in order to place files where I wanted
them.  the /dir/prefix/{sbin,bin,lib/ircd,man} stuff hardly fits in
any of the systems I've used.

I like to keep "subsystems" in their own directory trees.  like HTTP,
which I keep under /local/www with subdirectories like bin, conf, log,
cgi etc.

with ircd I usually have had:

  /some/prefix +----> etc  (conf, pid, tune, motd)

               +----> bin  (ircd, restart-script)

               +----> logs (users, opers)

perhaps we should make it possible to ./configure the location of
these files?  I for one think "/some/prefix/lib/ircd/" is a silly
place to keep your ircd configuration files.

just my USD 2E-02. :-)

-Bjørn