Re: invites

On 24 Mar 1998, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Ville> I agree.. It makes it quite difficult to see if someone is just
> Ville> evading bans (with a split or so) or was invited to the channel
> Ville> by a chanop.

> Except if JOIN takes a new argument (saying "Invited by ..." for
> example) when sent to the client.

Afaik it might break something, otherwise that's a nice idea.

For example:

:nick!user@xxxxxxxxxx JOIN :#testchannel

But:

:nick!user@xxxxxxxxxx PART #testchannel :reason

(Notice how ":" is placed..) There is no field for reason in JOIN and
thus it might be difficult to pass it to the clients without breaking the
protocol. It is also possible I don't have a clue and I am wrong, but.. :)

- Ville/viha@xxxxxx