irc development

Hi,

After getting the answers from the quick survey, I have
decided to create a new mailing list: ircd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

This is an effort on my side to get more people involved in
the development, in part due to the fact that I don't have
enough time to do everything alone.  I hope that enough
motivated people will decide to invest some time in this
project so that the server can continue to evolve.

Every 6 months or so, I plan on stopping my work on ircd,
thinking "after this is done, there won't be anything left
to do".  It never works out, and there are actually MANY
things that ought to be done.  Don't worry about having
nothing to do!  There is work for many people, in several
different categories: documentation, early testing/debuging,
_easy_ to horrendous coding (on ircd and side projects).

The ircd-dev list is dedicated to ircd development, I invite
anybody who wants to participate on the code, or early
testing to join the list.

NOTE about ircd-users:

* protocol and ircd evolutions will still be discussed on
  ircd-users.
* major releases and "stable" betas will still be announced
  on ircd-users.
* the ircd-dev list is subscribed to the ircd-users list.

You can subscribe by sending mail to

		majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx

the body of your mail should contain the following two lines:

subscribe ircd-dev
unsubscribe ircd-users