nick flooding (Re: RFC: OP cheating)

On Mar 17, Ville wrote:
| Even the fact that there weren't numerous nickchanges in that op
| cheating - which i don't think is a serious problem as there is no need to
| auto-op people or support bots - doesn't change the amount of nick floods.
| Why not put a stop to nick flooding with a simple and quite user friendly
| patch ?

nick flooding is already taken care by the penalty system.

now, you're probably referring to clone nick flooding.
Well, not matter how big a delay I put on nick changes, if
you load enough clones on a server, you'll be able to flood.

When the delay reaches some long enough time, it will be
more efficient to connect/join/change nick/quit to flood a
channel.